Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy New Year

Christmas this year was so fast and furious! I don't think I managed to take a single picture (aside from Instagram) of the 1200+ cookies I made! Between cookies, family visiting, traveling, and the holiday joy I am not sure I managed to get a much of anything productive done, but I sure had a lot of fun this year!
If you follow along on Instagram, you have probably already seen most of the picture to follow but I am sharing them here just to recap the past few months!


These were the very last set of Christmas cookies I made this season! Simple and festive!



600 gingerbread cookies for REI's holiday employee party! They smelled absolutely amazing and might be the most delicious cookies ever! If you haven't tried Sugarbelle's gingerbread recipe, YOU MUST! I am not even kidding when I say they are incredible :D

We put up our tree, hung our stockings and decorated the house, and on Christmas morning we had cinnamon rolls! Pretty much the same things we do every year, but this year we added a little something new!

An extra stocking!! Baby Ngy will be joining us in June and I am so darn excited!


We rang in the New Year in downtown Seattle, and watched the fireworks at the space needle! I may or may not have taken a nap around 10pm… Growing a person is tiring! At least that's what I tell my husband when he asks what I did all day ;)

Here's where we are now:
  • How far along: 17 weeks, 18 this Sunday
  • Baby is the size of…: an onion
  • Weight gain: 10 pounds
  • Baby Bump: Oh yes!! Been showing for several weeks now!
  • Stretch Marks: None yet!
  • Cravings: Fresh fruit, strawberry popsicles, miso soup, guacamole, cheesecake, cinnamon rolls, water (seriously, I can't get enough water!)
  • Mood: Happy and tired, but mostly HAPPY :D
  • Sleep: A little restless, I am a back sleeper and that's not working! Plus I have to get up at least once to use the restroom.
  • Wedding Ring: On
  • Baby Name?: We've got baby girl covered, but not for a boy...
  • Gender Prediction: Girl
  • Movement: None, I am so anxious! I spend a good part of the day checking ;) 
  • Maternity Clothes: Yes. For about 3 weeks now. I can still fit in most of my tops, but not jeans. Leggings and maternity leggings are my best friend!
  • What I am looking forward too: Finding out who baby will be and feeling some movement
  • What I miss: Sushi! 
  • Favorite thing this week: Spending time with my sister and seeing her new baby! It got me really excited to meet mine :)


1. Avocados!
2. YOU Having a Baby, by Dr. OZ. I finished it and it was great! 
4. Vitafusion Prenatal gummies. I tried several other prenatals and these are the only ones I can stomach
5. No Bake Energy Bites from Gimme Some Oven. So delish!!
6. Organic Cotton Headwrap from Sweet Kiddo Co  on etsy.
7. Strawberry popsicles! I may eat like 3 a day! 

This year, New Years came pretty quickly! Maybe it always does, but it seems like the holidays just flew by today! I am not even sure I had time to think about a resolution!!  But I hope you did! They are fun and sometimes they work out ;)


I'll try not to let baby Ngy take over the blog, but I hope you don't mind if I keep you all updated in between cookies and crafts!



Samantha
Flour De Lis

No comments: