AKA Pregnancy cravings :)
I have a VERY pregnant friend, who has been craving coconut for weeks now! Every coconut anything I have posted in the last few months on my Facebook page is covered in her drool :)
So when I spotted this recipe on Six Sister's Stuff, I knew I had to share them with her.
And you can make them too!
I didn't follow the recipe exactly, but if you don't want to make your brownies from scratch, I recommend it. Their recipe is easy to follow and I am sure tastes great!
I made a few changes to their idea, to suit my needs.
Samoa Brownie Cups
(makes about 18)
Brownie (adapted from Joy of Baking)
5 ounces semisweet chocolate chips or baking chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
2 TBSP cocoa powder
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs (for chewy brownies, my preference or 3 for cakey brownies)
3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 11oz bag of Kraft Caramel Bits
2 TBSP of half and half
2 cups of toasted coconut
1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (for melting)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray muffin pan with non-stick spray.
3. Melt chocolate chips/chopped baking chocolate and butter in a glass bowl in microwave.
4. Stir in cocoa powder and granulated sugar.
5. Mix in vanilla extract and eggs, 1 at a time, beat well to combine.
6. Stir in flour and salt and mix until combined.
7. Scoop about 2 TBSP of batter into each muffin cup.
8. Bake for 15-18 minutes until brownies are done to the touch, but not too firm around the edges.
9. Cool brownies completely.
10. Pour caramel bits into a glass bowl and add milk, melt in microwave 1-3 minutes, stirring every 45 seconds until milk is incorporated and caramel is smooth.
11. Add toasted coconut to caramel and mix well.
12. Top each brownie cup with a large TBSP of coconut mixture.
13. Melt chocolate chips in microwave. Spoon melted chocolate into a small Ziploc bag, cut off one corner and pipe onto brownie cups.
14. Allow to set in refrigerator for a few hours before enjoying (if you can).
They freeze really well and I am hoping they ship well too :)