Tuesday, September 4, 2012

S'more Drop Cookies


Today, I am guest posting over at Trilogy Edibles. I shared a super easy and quick treat for an after school snack or for gifting! Pop on over and say hello to Karen! I'll wait here for you, because once you make those treats, I have an uber delicious cookie you can throw it into for pure magic!

This is my favorite and most requested drop cookie recipe. I think everyone has a cookie recipe they are "famous" for, you know the one that everyone in your family and all your co-workers request?

I used to make this recipe all the time and it's super easy to add your own variations. At one point a few years ago, someone mentioned to me that thy put corn starch into their cookies and it make a smoother, creamier textured cookie This one "secret" ingredient made my famous cookies even better!

The recipe is pretty basic, but also pretty perfect!  It doesn't spread and it's not dry or crumbly.  You get a delicious , soft and chewy cookie.



For this post, we're calling these S'mores Drop Cookies.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup unsalted butter, cold
1 large egg
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups s'mores snack mix

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut cold butter into cubes and add to mixer with both sugars.
3. Cream butter and sugar until smooth and fluffy.
4. Add egg and vanilla and blend well.
5. Add flour, corn starch, baking soda, salt and blend.
6. Add in s'mores snack mix and stir just until incorporated.
7. I like to use a 1 TBSP cookie scoop for medium sized cookies. You can use a larger one, but adjust your baking time and temperature.
8. Bake cookies for 9-10 minutes, remove from oven and cool.



Just look at those bits of melted marshmallow and cinnamon and chocolate chip goodness! Oh and those chewy and crispy chunks of graham cereal. Yum!
Make these as soon as possible if you want to experience delicious cookie perfection!


Samantha
Flour De Lis

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you are the bomb! Thanks for guest posting for me and these cookies, oh my! Oh can I be good when I really want to be bad and eat a whole batch :)

Anonymous said...

Hello, I really like your recipes thank you. where i live don't have S'more snack mix, what i can use instead?