A while back, I asked a few of my sweet cookie friends to get creative with a certain cutter. We did it just for fun. And I guess for a little challenge. We all like a little challenge and a little competition right?
I chose a cutter I had never used before, not even for it's REAL purpose. It's now one of my favorite cookie cutters!! When I first pulled it out of the box and looked at it, I had no idea what I was going to make and I KNOW that the girls who joined in on the fun felt the same way!
And yet we all came up with some pretty unique ideas. All different!
I am hoping I can convince them that it was so much fun that they will all want to do it again :)
This is the cutter we chose for Crazy Cutters: Round One. It's a simple baseball glove. And it's actually not the one pictured. We all go our cutter from The Cookie Cutter Company, but it has cute little scallops on the bottom where the stitches go, you can tell from the pictures of the cookies that it's a little different.
The Cookie Cutter Company is one of my favorite places to shop! They have an AMAZING selection, best prices and GREAT customer service! Seriously, have you talked to them?!? Just the nicest crew around.
Anyway, before I get too far off topic I want to introduce you to my cookie friends and my fellow creative cutters!
First up is my dear friend Trinette of Trinnie Loves Cookies. Trinette bakes from the great state of California ( I was born there!) and she makes some of the cutest cookies ever!
Are you as jealous as I am, looking at that awesome mixer family?! I have serious Kitchenaid envy and am thinking I need a new addition (my husband does NOT agree!)
If you haven't met Trinnie yet, pop over to her FB page and say hello! She's a doll and one of the nicest people I know!
Next up is Christina of Sweet C's Bake Shop. She has the cutest little boys I've EVER laid eyes on!
Which also has me thinking I need a new addition ;) (and again, my husband DOES NOT agree). LOL
Christina bakes up beautiful cookies and some crazy delicious candied nuts! She's wicked funny and so sweet I just want to move next-door so we can be neighbors (and so I can eat her delicious confections!)
My next co-cookie crafter is Melissa from The Baked Equation. Melissa and I met over a box of Chocolate. She read my post all about my favorite cocoa and sent me some of her favorite to try!
Doesn't she have a great left hand? It can be challenging to post photos of your favorite bakers (secretly) when they don't have any up!
I am telling you, the nicest people in the whole world make cookies! And cakes and cupcakes and brownies and beautiful sugar flowers! Melissa does all of that! Seriously, I wouldn't joke about that! She really is the nicest gal around! And she's trying to help me convince my husband that I need a bakers rack! That's how you know she's a good friend ;)
Another California girl! Those Beach Boys really knew what they were talking about! Hayley makes AMAZING cookies. I kinda think she has a secret cookie making super power! So far, I haven't been able to get her to admit it. If you look through her work, I am convinced you'll think she has super powers too and if enough of us believe it, it has to be true ;)
Okay, enough about us! I am sure you are ready to see these cookies! Here they are! Can you guess by looking at the collage which cookie belongs to the cookier?
Trinnette, created this frosty mug of beer using her baseball glove cutter! Very clever and a great idea for a 21st birthday platter when you don't have a mug cutter! She really rocked this one and the nonpareils add the perfect bubbly touch!
Christina made this spooky graveyard scene with the baseball glove cutter! The colors really pop here! And it's such a creative use of all the space! If you're still working on Halloween cookies, add some of these into the mix!
Melissa used her baseball glove cutter to make this sweet little bushel of apples! Perfect for fall! I know I'll be adding a few of these to my fall platters now! Such great colors and creative decorating!
Hayley gets credit for the most creative and scary use of the cutter! It's so real, I bought a case of ketchup for my survival kit because the zombie apocalypse is clearly happening and I might as well just surrender now if I have to go without ketchup!
Here are four of the ideas I sketched out, one of us HAD to do a baseball glove right?!?
And a mummy hand, a hot cup of cocoa and a blueberry muffin, for my love muffin ;)
Here's how it works, PLEASE, PLEASE actually read this part before you send any emails with questions or pictures etc.
1. ANYONE can participate, no matter what lever of decorator you are. From beginner to pro everyone is welcome! We're all friends and this is just for fun!
2. Use ONLY your own work. DO not submit any pictures that do not belong to you.
3. You can do as many design entries as you like. That's right, no limit! If you have the ideas and the time create away!
4. You must use a baseball glove cutter! You can order the one we used from here.
5. You CAN trim or squish or splice or chop or otherwise alter the cookie cutter if you like.
6. Deadline to enter is Friday, November 23rd!
HOW TO ENTER:
1. Make any cookie design you want using a baseball glove cookie cutter.
2. Email a picture of your design to firstname.lastname@example.org. If appropriate, leave a link to your facebook page or blog or your preferred email address so we can contact you!
3. I WILL email you back and let you know I received your work or if I can't open your picture or view it etc.
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Trinette, Christina, Melissa, Hayley and myself will each review the entries and award prizes in these categories,
- Most Creative/Original
- Best Technique
- Judges Choice
2. The winning entries will be posted on FB on December 1st and all winners will be contacted and notified of their prizes.
3. You can post your photos on your facebook page at any time you like, you don't have to wait!
1. The top entries in each category will receive a gift basket of new cookie cutters, sprinkles and cookie tools valued at over $25.
2. Each of the judges will choose a favorite and each of those winners will receive the next cookie cutter for Creative Cutters: Round Two.
Get creative everyone! I am so excited to see what everyone else comes up with!
Flour De Lis