Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Coconut M&M's

Make yummy cookies :)

I love coconut. Anything with coconut. It's delicious! So when I saw these I had to try them.


Of course I didn't read the fine print (I rarely do). So I was expecting them to be mini almond joys! Little candy coated, chocolate covered gooey coconut balls. Well, not so much, but they really do taste like coconut!



Coconut M&M Cookies
recipe adapted from here.

Ingredients:
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar (recipe called for 1/2 cup, but I added sweetened coconut)
1 cup butter (because butter is better :))
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 bag coconut M&M's (because I only had 1/2 left... I mean because I bought it that way :))
1/2-1 cup sweetened flaked coconut, depending on how much YOU like

Directions:

In mixer bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth. Scraping sides with a rubber spatula.
In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the butter mixture until smooth.
Add in coconut until just blended.
Add M&M's last and mix with a spoon so as not to break them.
Roll into TBSP size balls and flatten slightly. Place onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake for 8-11 minutes depending on size and desired texture. I like mine a little soft in the middle but golden on the bottom and sides.


Enjoy!

SAP
Flour-De-Lis

No comments: