Sunday, March 6, 2011

Strawberries and Lemons

Had a request for these for a little BBQ party. 



I love the way they turned out.

And than it got me thinking about summer and fresh fruit and strawberry lemonade! I like lemonade, and I like it even better with strawberries. I think a little pink makes everything better.

So I decided to make some Pink Lemonade Truffles!

For some reason they decided they wanted to look darker, but I assure you the yellow candy coating is almost the same color as the lemon cookies!

Want to try 'em?

Pink Lemonade Truffles Recipe

1 package Golden Oreo's
4 oz cream cheese (I used low fat)
1 tsp lemon extract (I used Lorann bakery emulsion)
pink food coloring ( I used Americolor Fuchsia)
Wilton candy coating, any color works, but I used yellow
sprinkles for the top

Directions:

1.  Crush Oreo's in food processor, until only fine crumbs remain.
2.  Add cream cheese, lemon extract and 1 drop pink food coloring. Blend until smooth.
3.  Remove from food processor and roll into tsp sized balls. Place of cookie sheet lines with wax paper. 
4.  Place the rolled mix into the refrigerator for 20 minutes to an hour and allow to firm up.
5.  Melt candy coating and dip each ball into it. Shake off excess and place back on cookie tray.
6.  Top with sprinkles if desired and enjoy!

They keep in the refrigerator for a week, if they last that long :)


SAP
Flour-De-Lis

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I LOVE your lemon cookies! They are so bright and fresh looking!