I couldn't have done it without getting the kitchen unpacked, but it was barely ready to go.
I seriously need some better light and a real camera. I love my phone, but the picture quality just wont cut it. Actually I have a camera, just need to find it! Moving can be a wonderful new start, but it's also a hassle!
Let's forget about the move for a while and focus on the cookies! Mmmmm, cookies :)
I started with my favorite cut-out recipe. I get 2-3 dozen depending on the size of the cookie. I modify it with different flavors, but this is my go-to recipe:
Vanilla Bean Citrus Cut-outs
3 1/2 cups Flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup butter, cold
1 tsp vanilla bean paste (I use this)
1/2 tsp orange bakery emulsion (find it HERE)
1. Get that oven going, 350 degrees.
2. Combine the flour and baking powder in a separate bowl and set aside
3. In your mixer, cream the butter and sugar together.
7. Cut out the shapes you want and place onto your cookie sheets (lined with parchment paper, not waxed paper!)
8. I usually place a tray of cut out cookies into the freezer for at least 5 minutes before placing in the oven, they hold their shape much better this way!
9. Bake for about 10-12 minutes. Cookies will be lightly golden on the bottom to very slightly brown on the edges. Remove from sheet and cool on rack.
Now these little things are yummy on their own, but for this project (and most others) I needed royal icing.
Easy to make and great for cookie decorating.
Here are some pictures (again sorry for the phone quality)
|Now you know what 120 cookies looks like!|
|All decorated and setting up|
|Bags and bows|
I had such a great time with this project! I mean sure it took me four days to complete, but it was worth every late night and delicious mistake :)
Thanks for stopping by!