Do what I do and make banana bread, with a twist!
Banana Coconut Chai Bread
(adapted from this recipe)
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed (very ripe bananas)
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut (reduce sugar to 1/2 cup if using sweetened)
- 1/4 cup brewed chai tea (I use this when I have it, or brew fresh)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix sugar, cinnamon, sour cream and eggs until smooth and blended.
- Mix mashed bananas and tea into creamed mixture.
- Add flour and mix until smooth.
- Pour patter into greased 9x5 loaf pan (or muffins).
- Bake for about an hour until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on rack for at least 10 minutes before removing from pan.
This is also fantastic the next day, toasted with a little butter :)
After I rush home, clean frantically, start dinner and get ready for guests, I'll make this and add pictures!
Happy Friday everyone, enjoy the weekend!