The wonderful, talented and very sweet Callye of The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle shared her recipe for Brown Sugar Cookies awhile back and I couldn't wait to try it! Everything she makes is perfect, so I knew the cookies would be too!
The first chance I got to test out the recipe was for my sisters birthday, and since she turned 21, I decided to make the cookies a little different.
I added Baileys! I am a huge fan of all things creamy and Irish-y and Baileys falls into that category.
Here is the recipe I followed and a link to the original in case you want to give it a try too!
Brown Sugar Baileys Cut-out Cookies
Adapted from Sugarbelle
- 3/4 cup cold unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBSP Baileys Irish Cream liquor
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- Cream together butter and brown sugar.
- Add egg, liquor and vanilla.
- In small bowl mix together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add about 1/3 of the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix until mostly incorporated. Repeat with remaining dry mixture and mix until all the ingredients are blended.
- Roll cookie dough into ball, wrap in plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Roll cookie dough out on lightly floured surface and cut into desired shapes.
8. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, while cookies chill in the freezer.
9. Bake for about 8-11 minutes depending on the size of your cookies and your ovens quirks.
You simply must try these cookies! They are heavenly! The sweet, caramely flavor of brown sugar is enhanced by the creamy, sweet addition of Baileys.
It's cookie magic :)