Monday, January 9, 2012

Brown Sugar Bailey's Cut-out Cookies

If you are looking for a soft, sweet, delicious cookie recipe; maybe something a little different than your normal cookie recipe. And if you are not afraid to add a little booze to your cookies, this one could be for you!
The wonderful, talented and very sweet Callye of The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle shared her recipe for Brown Sugar Cookies awhile back and I couldn't wait to try it! Everything she makes is perfect, so I knew the cookies would be too!
The first chance I got to test out the recipe was for my sisters birthday, and since she turned 21, I decided to make the cookies a little different.
I added Baileys! I am a huge fan of all things creamy and Irish-y and Baileys falls into that category.

Here is the recipe I followed and a link to the original in case you want to give it a try too!

Brown Sugar Baileys Cut-out Cookies
Adapted from Sugarbelle

Ingredients:

  • 3/4 cup cold unsalted butter
  • 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 TBSP Baileys Irish Cream liquor
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 3 1/3 cup flour
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda

Directions:

  1. Cream together butter and brown sugar.
  2. Add egg, liquor and vanilla.
  3. In small bowl mix together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
  4. Add about 1/3 of the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix until mostly incorporated. Repeat with remaining dry mixture and mix until all the ingredients are blended. 
  5.  Roll cookie dough into ball, wrap in plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
  6. Roll cookie dough out on lightly floured surface and cut into desired shapes.
     7. I always, ALWAYS place my cut cookies on a try and place them in the freezer for about 10 minutes before baking. I've never had cookies spread and lose their shape with this tip.
    8. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, while cookies chill in the freezer.
    9. Bake for about 8-11 minutes depending on the size of your cookies and your ovens quirks.

    10. Cool cookies before decorating.



You simply must try these cookies! They are heavenly! The sweet, caramely flavor of brown sugar is enhanced by the creamy, sweet addition of Baileys. 
It's cookie magic :)

SAP
Flour De Lis

4 comments:

Hayley Callaway said...

Think I will be making these for valentines :] lol YOUR AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

These look delicious! Can you post your icing recipe ?
Thanks,
Gigi

Anonymous said...

I adjusted this recipe to 2 tsp baking powder, removed the baking soda, raised the temperature to 400 degrees and bake them for 6 minutes. They no longer spread. Just thought I'd let you know. chef_penne@yahoo.com

blur said...

Very interesting, good job and thanks for sharing such a good blog. Your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You're doing a great job. Keep it up.
blur