Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Happy Birthday A.A. Milne!

Today is A.A. Milne's birthday. You may know him as the creator of Winnie the Pooh! I loved reading the story as a kid and still sit down and watch when I see it on t.v.

You can learn a lot from Winnie the Pooh. The stories are always heartfelt and full of wisdom.

My friend Karen over at Trilogy Edibles shared her cute cookies today and gave me the idea to make these! You should click over and take a look at hers! Aren't they cute?!
I just love all the wonderful characters in this series.

If you haven't read the book yet, you really should. It's a masterpiece. A truly wonderful tale of friendship.
To celebrate Winnie the Pooh day, I made these cookies and in true Pooh fashion I am sharing them with you!

You can win all the cookies pictured here. 1 dozen of my Vanilla Bean Cookies with Vanilla Royal Icing.
Just leave me a comment telling me what book or character has inspired you.  Maybe the first book you learned to read or the book your parents read to you or a book you read to your children now! It can be any book at all, it doesn't have to be a children's book.

Leave a comment below with an email address so I can contact you.
I'll draw a winner tomorrow afternoon or evening and get these cookies off right away!
SAP
Flour De Lis

14 comments:

Heather Dawn said...

One of my favorite books as a child was Love You Forever. About a mom and her son.

artbyheather04@yahoo.com

Connie Bolick Lee said...

I always thought Brer Rabbit by Uncle Remus was a very smart carracter. I like him because he outsmarted his enemies.
lclee59@centurylink.net

Emilee Torres said...

Grandfather Twilight by Barbara Berger. She is a local woman and the illustrations in this book are amazing. My mom read it to me growing up and it stuck with me my whole life. I bought it for my daughter when I was pregnant and it feels special every time we read it :)
emilee_torres@yahoo.com

quanah said...

It's all about dr. Seuss books, its all about Mr Brown can MOO can you. Maybe some One Fish two fish Red fish blue fish.

Sue said...

The Secret Garden by France H. Burnett has always been special to me because it was the book that was special to my mom. When she was a child in elementary school the teacher was reading the book and my mom loved the story, but when the teacher reached the end of the book, my mom was at home, sick. My mom returned to school and the teacher told her that she could check the book out of the public library(for free)and read the end of the book herself. My mom did not know that such a thing as a public library existed because her parents had immigrated from Soviet Armenia and were not familiar with such a thing. Thus began my mother's love affair with books and the public library:) Sorry this was so long!
Love your cookies, especially the hunny pots!

Anonymous said...

My favorite book right now is Heaven is for real...It makes you think about things.It's about a boy who goes in for surgery might as well say he sees jesus and talk to him and goes to heaven but comes out of surgery ok and tells his parents about his experience with jesus and heaven...Kinda a tear jerker.
Email:kyndellsmommy@aol.com

Sabrina said...

The comment about this one is mine.Didn't know what to pick..

Anonymous said...

My favorite book was the Twilight series :) I fell in love with the movie I had to read all the books. I was a fan since:)
Karla.Mancha@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

These are so great and thanks so much for the link back to mine. Well we love Winnie but I guess my all time fav book is Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin. The girls all time fav book is Belly Button Book by Sandra Boyton! (trilogyedibles at hotmail dot com)

Melody said...

My favorite Children's book is The Giving Tree. He gave all he had until he had nothing left to give. As an adult, I love the Anne of Green Gables series and the Twilight series just for fun. ;)

Melody said...

My favorite Children's book is The Giving Tree. He gave all he had until he had nothing left to give. As an adult, I love the Anne of Green Gables series and the Twilight series just for fun. ;)

Erin said...

Your cookies are absolutely amazing!!! My fingers are crossed!!! =o) My favorite book as a child was definitely Winnie the Pooh. I love it when Pooh and Christopher Robbin are standing on the bridge and Pooh says"promise you'll never forget me". I love that part!!! AS an adult it is The Velveteen Rabbit! So precious! crazybulldogs at comcast dot net

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cookies. Did you use a cookie cutter or template for these cookies? Where did you find it? Thanks. Kathy

Unknown said...

Sorry for the late response Kathy! I found the cutter on ebay a long time ago. It's a simple tin cutter, but I have never seen another one like it, so I am not sure where it came from.