Friday, January 20, 2012

Pink Peppermint Popcorn



I realized today that I really love popcorn. I came to this realization after 4 days of pretty heavy winter storms. We've gotten somewhere between 6-12 inches where I live. It's hard to tell at this point, the freezing rain have compacted it quite a bit!
I think half of wester Washington is without power tonight. For most of the day actually. Our lights flickered quite a few times and I got nervous.
I decided I needed to prepare for the worst and truthfully the only thought I had was to make popcorn ahead of time because if we lost power I wouldn't be able to.
I didn't even bother to locate the candles or make sure the flashlight had batteries.
I went straight to kitchen and tossed a bag of good old popcorn into the microwave.
Seriously.
Thank I thought, what if I want something sweet? Maybe I should drizzle some chocolate of half of it.
I've always kept a level head in times of crisis :)
When I peered into the cabinet to gab some chocolate I saw a bag of Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses! Lucky day! I mean if it's finally gonna dump snow here. I am gonna have my white Christmas :)


So I tossed a handful into a measuring cup and melted them in the microwave. Than I spread the popcorn out and waxed paper and drizzled the chocolate onto the popcorn.

After about 20 minutes the melted chocolate sets up and the popcorn is ready to eat!
I am eating mine with a big mug of hot cocoa.

You should give it a try! It's pretty darn good. Even if you're not snowed in. But you can always turn the lights off, light a few candles and pretend you're in Seattle during a snow storm!

Make it! Enjoy it!

SAP
Flour De Lis

No comments: