Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Locks of Love


You may remember these cookies from a few weeks back, when I guest posted over at Frosting for the Cause.
These cookies were part of my commitment to raise money for childhood cancer. I am also participating in the St. Jude Give Thanks Walk in Seattle, later this fall.

I decided I was going to donate my hair to Locks of Love before the walk. So a few weeks ago I scheduled my appointment and yesterday I did it! Well, I didn't really do anything except sit there and chatter away while someone else did all the work.
I am really thankful that I had enough hair to donate and I am so happy to know that one amazing child will get my hair. It's a small act for me, but hopefully it will make someone smile a little bigger this year.

Before...











I had a wonderful experience getting my hair cut and really happy I did it. Especially know it's going to such a worthy cause.


Not the best picture, but I still love the result!

I made these cookies for my wonderful friend Aza, who just happens to be an AMAZING stylist.








I hope she likes them as much as I like my new bob :)

If you are considering cutting your hair, I recommend doing it for a great cause!

SAP
Flour-De-Lis

3 comments:

Sue said...

Locks of Love is such a great cause! Some child will be very happy to have your beautiful hair!

I love all of your cookies~so cute!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for donating to such a great cause and for letting me help with your big change. I Love the cookies!
~Aza

Martha said...

So, I've been seeing Flour De Lis references on my sisters' facebook pages and had no idea it was you! Congratulations on what looks like a fabulous business.

Also, way to go with Locks of Love! I donated 16 inches earlier this summer. Was proud to beat the 14 inches I donated in 2007. :-)