Thursday, September 15, 2011

Rainbow Birthday Cookies

One of my regular, local customers has a daughter who is turning 10 this week and when they asked her what kind of cake she wanted for her party, she said instead of cake she wanted my cookies!! 
That totally made my day :)
And it got even better when she described what they had in mind for the cookies.

Remember that AWESOME rainbow scratch paper? You know the stuff that looks like shiny black paper, but when you scratch it, it reveals wild neon colors underneath? Like a rainbow lottery ticket. 

When I was in middle school that stuff was the coolest thing EVER! It might still be. 

And evidently, it's making a comeback! 
Here is my interpretation, made for the birthday party.


She's having a rock theme party, which also seems to be pretty popular this year.




I made a big platter for the family to enjoy and a whole bunch of little bags for all the party guests.




 Thanks so much for your continued business Theresa. I hope the party is lots of fun and Sherilyn enjoys the cookies as much as I enjoyed making them :)

SAP
Flour De Lis

2 comments:

Hezzi-D said...

These cookies are so cute! I love the rainbow backgrounds on them!

Sue said...

Awesome cookies! Such bright colors, and I really like the design! I'm sure the birthday girl loved them:)